So I have had it and have made the decision that I need to lose weight. Well? So what? Now what do I do. I have decided I am NOT going to DO a diet, every time I make crazy drastic changes I end up failing miserably. So how about becoming a creature of habit…good habits. Slow, small changes. Right now I am concentrating on my eating habits. If I add exercise in here and there great, if not, I’m not worrying about it right now. I am not looking to drop a lot of weight fast.
So here are the small changes I will make right now, in 2 weeks I will add exercise:
1. Drink more water, everyday, all day.
2. Eat a healthy breakfast. (I have just recently fallen in love with Kashi Go Lean, so this is an easy change.)
3. TRY to eat a healthy lunch.
4. Eat smaller portions at dinner. If I had an exceptionally naughty lunch, then dinner MUST be something healthy.
5. Compile a list of healthy recipes I would like to try.
6. No more caffeine, also easy as I really have pretty much stopped drinking coffee and now drink herbal tea, lots of it.
7. Surround myself with snacks that are “better choices”. Yes, that DOES include a smidgen of extra dark chocolate every day.
Not bad, these are changes I can deal with. Wish my luck, today is Day Numero Uno.
I have whipped up a pair of socks that I will be finishing either tonight or tomorrow. They are a great self-striping form Trekking XXL. These are a Christmas gift. I will post a picture as the intended recipient rarely checks the blog…I think. I am getting pretty fast at whipping off socks! Maybe I may even get a pair done for me one of these days.