Happy New Year! I trust you all survived 2006. I have four New Year’s Resolutions this year. I will list them here in order of importance.
#1. Do not make any stupid New Year’s Resolutions that you can’t keep (i/e. weight-loss, yarn and/or shoe budget restraint, cleaner house, etc.
#2. Buy more yarn, of any kind, but more specificly sock yarn.
#3. Knit AND finish at least one sweater this year.
#4. Save up spare change for trip to Rhinebeck.
There, not bad. Now, on to the questionairre. I have to say I really enjoyed the last SSS, and I’m looking forward to this one as well. I have stretched my boundaries as far as sock knitting goes and am ready for anything!
1. What are you favorite sock yarns?
I absolutely adore Socks That Rock, and Trekking. I am also really enjoying shopping from many of the talented vendors on Etsy that offer handpaints. I am a sucker for a good handpainted colorway.
2. What are your least favorite sock yarns? Anything you just cannot use?
Cotton and anything with a high acrylic or synthetic content. I am a bit of a fiber snob, no apologies offered. 😉
3. What method do you prefer to use (DPN’s, 2 circs, 1 circ, etc.)
I prefer dpn’s and 2 circs, but that’s probably just because I haven’t got around to trying any other methods yet.
4. Is there any method that you cannot use?
I have not tried magic loop…yet.
5. What are you favorite colors?
Oh boy, I guess it would be easier to list what colors I don’t like: yellow, seafoam, and cat-puke orange.
6. Are you a beginner, intermediate, or more advanced sock knitter?
7. Any other info you want to share (such as other likes, dislikes, hobbies, etc)
I have two goofy dogs, a small monkey (child), and a larger monkey (husband). I LOVE to play World of Warcraft…often until 1 or 2 am.
8. Last, but not least, what are your sock measurements?
I wear a size 9.