I did. I KIP’d in NY. We had an awesome weekend. We went up to surprise my Dad for Father’s Day/Birthday and also to drop the Monkey off so she could spend a couple weeks with family and friends.
I think I finally understand what is meant by the saying You Can Never Go Home. It was odd to be back in my old stomping grounds. It was the same, but everything was different. The people were the same, but different. It’s weird. You kind of expect them to be the same as when you left, but they aren’t. I saw pictures of a good friends’ daughter’s prom. Oh my goodness, it’s only been a year, just a year, but my goodness. Here is this very beautiful, stunning, young woman, where last year was a little girl.
Anywho pussums, the highlights of the weekend:
1. The look on my Dad’s face when I snuck up behind him in the chicken coop, tapped him on the shoulder and said, “Hey Mr., Can we buy some eggs?”
2. Seeing the Monkey in a local parade, riding in her grandpa’s Doodlebug, blowing the “Awoooga” horn, even though I left my camera back at Mom’s house. (KIP’d)
3. Eating ice cream everyday, even twice a day. (KIP’d)
4. Having a bonfire and visiting with family. (KIP’d)
5. Having a brunch and visiting with family. (KIP’d)
6. Eating chicken from here …the best ever, don’t argue with me. It’s one of my favorite places to eat back home.
7. Trying on a new pair of shoes.
8. Finding an old year book from my school at a flea market that had my cheerleading picture in it.
9. Finishing a pair of socks that were part of my summer knitting goals.
10. Starting a pair of toe up socks with the frogged sock swap yarn, which will be two summer knitting goals in one.
11. Spinning at my mom’s. Yet, another summer goal.
Yup good weekend.