Well, guess what folks, even though you have been laid off from your job. Life goes on. Funny isn’t it? And here I thought it would stop long enough for me to find a job, but life marches steadily on. Oh well I have until Sept. 28th. I know God has something amazing in store for me! My dear friend Cynthia sent me a comment which requested some information, an update if you will. Here is what she wanted to know:
1. Resume – done?
2. Sunday paper – gone through with fine-tooth comb?
3. Knitting – progress? (even if it’s a tiny bit?)
4. Spinning – any?
5. Doing something fun with the Monkey? (this is the only required bit)
Let’s start from the top shall we!
1. Resume – never let it get dusty, updated coverletter, got a glowing reference letter from boss.
2. Sunday paper – Checked, mailed out envelopes to every bank and a couple other places, I have friends and family scouring the town like bloodhounds.
3. Knitting – Lots…um, yeah, lots. Apparently getting laid off leads to a major case of startitus.
Item #1: Ankle Socks for me.
Item #2: Harry Potter and the Golden Snitch facecloth for a good friend.
Item #3: Addictive and pretty faceclothes for Christmas presents
Item #4 : My mittens for Warm Up The Winter
Item #5: Monkey Socks…everyone else is doing it sooo…
Item #6 Kids hat for Warm Up The Winter
Item #7: First half of Print O the Wave Stole
Item #8: Super Secret Knitting…the recipient is lucky that we aren’t the same size…this is sooo soft!
4. Spinning- Yep that too! It’s a bad picture, but shows the colors. I spun this into fingering weight. It’s just gorgeous, another one from Spunky Eclectic. Amy King is my hero!
5. Doing something fun with the Monkey? Heck ya, packed the fambly up on Sat. and headed to a little state park near us and had a picnic and went swimming! It was just what we all needed!
So thanks for checking in. We are doing fine. I’ll keep you posted on the job front. Maybe if I end up on unemployment for a while it would give me time to update my Ravelry.