Well in case you haven’t noticed there is a whole lotta nothing going on around here. I have completely lost my knitting mojo, which is bad because I have three knitted Christmas gifts that are not getting knitted. I have been playing a lot of WoW and battling awful hyper sensitive prego skin and having nightly dreams of getting a kitten. Weird, I know. it’s gotta be the hormones right? I am thinking of sending my hubby a letter from the Knit Blog police stating that I have been unlawfully BWOAC (blogging with out a cat) and a demand that I bring my blog up to code immediately or they will shut me down. What do you think? Anywho, when all else fails for blog fodder…a Christmas meme!
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper definitely, I love getting really elaborate with the ribbons and bows. I’ve already gone through two rolls of tape. I do like bags for weird shaped stuff though, w/ lots of Christmasy tissue paper!
2. Real tree or artificial? Oh please, real. I would rather vacuum up needles anyday than have some ugly fire hazard made out of lead sitting in my living room. Besides no one gets excited about climbing up in the attic to drag down the Christmas tree. Going to get your own is the only way to do it!
3. When do you put up the tree? As soon as humanly possible, we usually do it the earliest Dec. weekend that we have Elizabeth…so this weekend. Yay!
4. When do you take the tree down? We have to take it down?
5. Do you like eggnog? Yes I do, we have an ice cream maker and Elizabeth likes it when I put eggnog in and make eggnog ice cream too.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Too many “greats” to pick just one.
7. Do you have a nativity scene? We do, it’s Travis’s, it’s very pretty and goes under the Christmas tree…until mom passes on hers. (hint, hint)
8. Hardest person to buy for? My husband. It’s like pulling teeth to get ideas out of him.
9. Easiest person to buy for? Elizabeth, she usually has a pretty reasonable list. I mean come on, what kid puts “batteries” on their list for stocking stuffers. She just gets tickled pink by AA’s.
10. Worst Christmas gift ever received? The year I asked Steve for “a nice pair of ladies gloves.”…he bought me a pair of black women’s ski gloves from Dicks. After Christmas we took those back and bought a nice pair of black, cashmere lined leather dress gloves…ya know, nice ladies gloves.
11. Mail or e-mail Christmas card? Mail of course…even if you do get my Christmas card for New Years.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Emmit Otter’s Jug Band Christmas. I always loved it when it came on HBO. Now thanks to Gigi we can watch it anytime! Yay Gigi!
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Usually sometime in November.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Nope, I have put a couple in yard sales though.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Elizabeth and I love it when the clementines come in, we can sit down and eat a whole box in one night. Other than that, my favorite Christmas treat is…everything!
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Depends on my mood each year. Although I love multis under a blanket of snow…sooo pretty.
17. Favorite Christmas song? You mean I have to pick just ONE?!?!?
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? We like Christmas morning at home, Nana is pretty tough w/ her big breakfast and washed dishes before you open presents rule…but Christmas Day at Nana’s is the best, especially when Uncle Craig and Aunt Brenda are up.
19. Can you name Santa’s reindeer? Dasher,Dancer,Comet, Blitzen, Comet,Cupid, Donner, Vixen and of course, Rudolph and Olive The Other Reindeer. And I didn’t have to cheat and look it up.
20. Do you have an Angel on top or a star? Angel in the past but, Travis and I decided for our family we want a star, so we bought a real pretty silver tin one last weekend and we are going to put a light in it.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? We each get to open one present Christmas eve, chosen by someone else, stockings you can have anytime after midnite the rest on Christmas morning. And mom, we don’t even EAT breakfast until after the presents are all opened! LOL I have to say though, Elizabeth knows to let me sleep in a little, so last year, our first Christmas together, WHO should be tapping me on the shoulder at 6:30 am and saying, “I think we should get up now, honey? Honey? I think I hear Elizabeth, lets get up.”
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? The lack of Christ in Christmas, the selection of Christian Christmas cards really makes me mad.Um yeah, there is actually a real reason why we have and celebrate this holiday called Christmas.