I’m sitting here at the dining room table, tapping this blog post out, and wondering where the days have gone to. August was atrocious, and so far September is trying very hard to out do August. We spent August traveling back and forth to NY as mom started her chemo and we worked at getting life “back to normal” or at least a new normal anyway. My mom has two years of chemo ahead of her, and so a new normal is important. So far, she seems to be handling her chemo like a champ. In all of this ordeal, God has been very good to her.

There was the yard sale fiasco of course. I say fiasco, we actually did really well, between my friend and I we brought in close to $400, three quarters of that going to my friend, who apparently has much more interesting junk than I do. Hurricane Irene showed up the last half of the afternoon on our last day. The heavens opened and in a matter of five minutes three quarters of our stuff was soaked, we were soaked from rushing around shoving stuff deeper into the tents, and it was basically mayhem. My dear friend Casey, who did the yard sale with me, who is also newly pregnant, and also a professional photographer, caught THIS shot of me just moments after we finished the Irene Hustle. I was showing my true feelings about the yard sale hurricane combo.

The following day, I literally drove up 81 with Irene to pick up my daughter. Again, not the greatest fun. Labor Day weekend, I said if anyone calls us to go anywhere I may punch them in face. We spent lots of time at home, in pj’s, doing a whole lot of nothing. It was bliss! We did go up to Travis’s Aunt and Uncle’s cabin for a bit and that is always good fun.

This past week, it rained, a lot. After all the township’s construction out our front door this winter, I think they must have changed the way the water runs around our house because we normally get at least an inch of water in our basement with a day or two of solid rain. This time however, after days and days of it pouring and us battening down the hatches, we got a little dribble. Not bad, and I’m not complaining.

My parents didn’t make out as well. Back up in NY they were preparing for a flood that some were predicting would be nearly as bad as the one they had in 2006 which resulted in Travis and I moving our wedding to PA rather than having it four feet under water in NY. How’s that for a run on sentence! Anywho, mom and dad were evacuated on Thursday, they packed some things and had an impromptu slumber party at a friend’s house. They came home Friday to water front property (all around the house), but no damage to the house. So that was an answer to prayer. Phew!

I had a lovely visit with some of my favorite relatives as they stopped in Friday for a bit, before continuing on up to NY to see the rest of the family. They have a brand new baby/grand baby that needs showing off.

Elizabeth and I canned 24 quarts of peaches.

I got absolutely disgusted with the house and cleaned the heck out of it.

I made cupcakes for my best friend’s son’s 2nd birthday because her oven died a day before the party. Yeah, not cool for her! I had fun though, I love doing fun kids stuff and the cupcakes came out super cute! I think the birthday boy (and everyone else) enjoyed them.

Now, as I mentioned, I am sitting here at the dining room table tap-tap-tapping away and feeling a wee bit zombie like. I think this coming week is going to be spent doing calm, relaxing things. Hmm, may have to sell the kids to do that…


5 Responses to Phew!

  1. Casey says:

    Think we can get a do-over for 2011? (Minus the cupcakes and the flip-offing. Because those were both good.)

  2. I'm the Mom says:

    Did you ever think that you might be looking at your calling and a way to make extra money, Tracey? You make amazing cupcakes and you would be a God-send to overbooked moms. All you would have to do is bake, arrive, set up, collect your money, and leave. What do you think? Love, Mom 🙂

  3. I'm the Mom says:

    P.S. – It’s getting scary … did you see the topic of my blog? Love, Mom

  4. Mom says:

    I hear that in your ‘spare time’ you knitted a sweater etc for the new grand niece/cousin or how ever she’s related to your. . . can’t figure that one out. . . she’s my 7th great-grandbaby I know that! Imagine that! Talk about time going fast!!! Gigi

    • traceyleezle says:

      No, actually I made two sweaters when I was pregnant with Seannan, one for a girl and one for a boy. Jess was lucky enough to be the first person I know to have a girl. I did whip up some baby booties real quick though.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: